More From Vladimir Nabokov
- "Imagination, the supreme delight of the immortal and the immature, should be limited. In order to enjoy life, we should not enjoy it too much."
- "It is hard, I submit, to loathe bloodshed, including war, more than I do, but it is still harder to exceed my loathing of the very nature of totalitarian states in which massacre is only an administrative detail."
- "Life is a great sunrise. I do not see why death should not be an even greater one."
More In Dreams
- "Never in my wildest dreams did I entertain the idea that I would become a fashion designer."― Giorgio Armani
- "Humanity needs dreams to be able to survive the miseries of daily existence, even if only for an instant."― Oscar Niemeyer
- "I was very inspired by Les Blank’s film ‘Burden of Dreams.’ I think what’s unique about his film and the two I’ve made is that they’re close examinations of filmmakers and how their own emotional experiences reflect in the material they’re rendering, and vice versa – how that material sometimes colors their own lives."― George Hickenlooper