More From Virginia Woolf
- "Yet it is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top."
- "The beauty of the world, which is so soon to perish, has two edges, one of laughter, one of anguish, cutting the heart asunder."
- "Yet, it is true, poetry is delicious; the best prose is that which is most full of poetry."
More In History
- "History shows that where ethics and economics come in conflict, victory is always with economics. Vested interests have never been known to have willingly divested themselves unless there was sufficient force to compel them."― B. R. Ambedkar
- "I was always anti-marriage. I didn’t understand monogamy. I couldn’t figure out how that could last. And then I met Bryn and I started to understand the beauty of constancy and history and change and going on the roller coaster with someone – of having a partner in life."― Maria Bello
- "We wonder if we will be the first generation in American history to leave our children with fewer opportunities and a less prosperous nation than the one we inherited."― Paul Ryan