More From Virginia Woolf
- "When the shriveled skin of the ordinary is stuffed out with meaning, it satisfies the senses amazingly."
- "The connection between dress and war is not far to seek; your finest clothes are those you wear as soldiers."
- "Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the power of reflecting the figure of man at twice its natural size."
More In Men
- "Men’s actions are too strong for them. Show me a man who has acted, and who has not been the victim and slave of his action."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "In Greece wise men speak and fools decide."― George Santayana
- "You know that being an American is more than a matter of where your parents came from. It is a belief that all men are created free and equal and that everyone deserves an even break."― Harry S. Truman