More From Vinton Cerf
- "At some point, you can’t lift this boulder with just your own strength. And if you find that you need to move bigger and bigger boulders up hills, you will need more and more help."
- "I’m projecting somewhere between 100 million and 200 million computers on the Net by the end of December 2000, and about 300 million users by that same time."
More In Technology
- "The first big break was winning a scholarship to go to Cambridge University. I was very lucky, because my parents couldn’t have afforded a university education for me. Without a scholarship I couldn’t possibly have gone."― Trevor Nunn
- "Thompson and Ritchie were among the first to realize that hardware and compiler technology had become good enough that an entire operating system could be written in C, and by 1978 the whole environment had been successfully ported to several machines of different types."― Eric S. Raymond
- "Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance."― Ambrose Bierce