More From Vincent Van Gogh
- "It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves, for reality is more important than the feeling for pictures."
- "I can very well do without God both in my life and in my painting, but I cannot, suffering as I am, do without something which is greater than I am, which is my life, the power to create."
- "The more I think about it, the more I realize there is nothing more artistic than to love others."
More In Life
- "Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another."― Thomas Merton
- "The greater the state, the more wrong and cruel its patriotism, and the greater is the sum of suffering upon which its power is founded."― Leo Tolstoy
- "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music."― Ronald Reagan