More From Victor Hugo
- "Life’s greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved."
- "As a means of contrast with the sublime, the grotesque is, in our view, the richest source that nature can offer."
- "Religions do a useful thing: they narrow God to the limits of man. Philosophy replies by doing a necessary thing: it elevates man to the plane of God."
More In God
- "God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things."― Pablo Picasso
- "Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in a seed."― Robert H. Schuller
- "God gave me a great body and it’s my duty to take care of my physical temple."― Jean Claude Van Damme