More From Victor Hugo
- "Nature has made a pebble and a female. The lapidary makes the diamond, and the lover makes the woman."
- "Well, for us, in history where goodness is a rare pearl, he who was good almost takes precedence over he who was great."
- "The three great problems of this century; the degradation of man in the proletariat, the subjection of women through hunger, the atrophy of the child by darkness."
More In Intelligence
- "The higher the general average of intelligence, all things else being equal, the less the disposition to be meddlesome, critical, and overbearing."― Paul Harris
- "It is impossible to underrate human intelligence – beginning with one’s own."― Henry Adams
- "Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."― Bertrand Russell