More From Ulysses S. Grant
- "If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."
- "Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private school, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and state forever separate."
- "In every battle there comes a time when both sides consider themselves beaten, then he who continues the attack wins."
More In Imagination
- "It’s a great excuse and luxury, having a job and blaming it for your inability to do your own art. When you don’t have to work, you are left with the horror of facing your own lack of imagination and your own emptiness. A devastating possibility when finally time is your own."― Julian Schnabel
- "Suddenly the whole imagination of writing and editorial and newspaper and all these presumptions about who am I reading this, and who else other people may be, and all that, it’s so grimly brutal!"― Robert Creeley
- "It’s a slight stretch of the imagination but most people are alike in most ways so I’ve never had any trouble identifying with the character that I’m playing."― Jack Nicholson