More From Tryon Edwards
- "Age does not depend upon years, but upon temperament and health. Some men are born old, and some never grow so."
- "Compromise is but the sacrifice of one right or good in the hope of retaining another – too often ending in the loss of both."
- "We weep over the graves of infants and the little ones taken from us by death; but an early grave may be the shortest way to heaven."
More In Politics
- "What matters most in politics is personality. It’s not issues; it’s not image. It’s who you are and what you represent."― Frank Luntz
- "It is no longer acceptable in British politics to be fat or eccentric or religious."― Ian Hislop
- "Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct."― Thomas Jefferson