More From Tryon Edwards
- "Science has sometimes been said to be opposed to faith, and inconsistent with it. But all science, in fact, rests on a basis of faith, for it assumes the permanence and uniformity of natural laws – a thing which can never be demonstrated."
- "We weep over the graves of infants and the little ones taken from us by death; but an early grave may be the shortest way to heaven."
- "Seek happiness for its own sake, and you will not find it; seek for duty, and happiness will follow as the shadow comes with the sunshine."
More In Politics
- "When times are tough, constant conflict may be good politics but in the real world, cooperation works better. After all, nobody’s right all the time, and a broken clock is right twice a day."― William J. Clinton
- "Negative politics have always been around."― Karl Rove
- "I think Karl Rove saw that in George W. Bush early on and understood the impact that he could have on Texas politics and probably on national politics."― Ed Gillespie