More From Toni Morrison
- "I don’t think a female running a house is a problem, a broken family. It’s perceived as one because of the notion that a head is a man."
- "I don’t think anybody cares about unwed mothers unless they’re black or poor. The question is not morality, the question is money. That’s what we’re upset about."
- "Black people have always been used as a buffer in this country between powers to prevent class war."
More In Religion
- "I have such happy memories of performing in a choir and I don’t think I’d have got where I am today without all that experience. So my advice to young singers is to either join your school or church’s choir or find one in your local area. Choral music at any level teaches you so much about musicianship and blending your voice."― Katherine Jenkins
- "Human rights is a universal standard. It is a component of every religion and every civilization."― Shirin Ebadi
- "Money and fame made me believe I was entitled. I was wrong and foolish."― Tiger Woods