More From Toni Morrison
- "She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It’s good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind."
- "At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint or even remember it. It is enough."
- "Everybody gets everything handed to them. The rich inherit it. I don’t mean just inheritance of money. I mean what people take for granted among the middle and upper classes, which is nepotism, the old-boy network."
More In Religion
- "The pride of life hath corrupted the judgment of others, and perverted them in the way of religion."― George Gillespie
- "Religion is the possibility of the removal of every ground of confidence except confidence in God alone."― Karl Barth
- "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."― C. S. Lewis