More From Toni Morrison
- "Black people have always been used as a buffer in this country between powers to prevent class war."
- "Everybody gets everything handed to them. The rich inherit it. I don’t mean just inheritance of money. I mean what people take for granted among the middle and upper classes, which is nepotism, the old-boy network."
- "Black literature is taught as sociology, as tolerance, not as a serious, rigorous art form."
More In Teen
- "I was a happy kid up until I hit the teen years."― Rick Springfield
- "A fairly bright boy is far more intelligent and far better company than the average adult."― John B. S. Haldane
- "My heart is so light that it’s amazing. I get to play all this grief, all this loss, all this disaster and chaos. It’s hysterically funny. I am very light."― Linda Hamilton