More From Toni Morrison
- "Black people have always been used as a buffer in this country between powers to prevent class war."
- "At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint or even remember it. It is enough."
- "As you enter positions of trust and power, dream a little before you think."
More In Teen
- "Be honest, brutally honest. That is what’s going to maintain relationships."― Lauryn Hill
- "I mean, I’m pretty good in real life, but sometimes people seem surprised that I’m like a normal teenager and wear black nail polish and I’m just a little bit more edgy than the person I play on television."― Brittany Snow
- "When I look in the mirror I see the girl I was when I was growing up, with braces, crooked teeth, a baby face and a skinny body."― Heather Locklear