More From Toni Morrison
- "I don’t think anybody cares about unwed mothers unless they’re black or poor. The question is not morality, the question is money. That’s what we’re upset about."
- "She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It’s good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind."
- "I don’t think a female running a house is a problem, a broken family. It’s perceived as one because of the notion that a head is a man."
More In Teen
- "I wanted to be with the kind of people I’d grown up with, but you can’t go back to them and be one of them again, no matter how hard you try."― Ethel Waters
- "In opera, as with any performing art, to be in great demand and to command high fees you must be good of course, but you must also be famous. The two are different things."― Luciano Pavarotti
- "Government itself is founded upon the great doctrine of the consent of the governed, and has its cornerstone in the memorable principle that men are endowed with inalienable rights."― Leland Stanford