More From Toni Morrison
- "Black people have always been used as a buffer in this country between powers to prevent class war."
- "At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint or even remember it. It is enough."
- "The body is ready to have babies. Nature wants it done then, when the body can handle it, not after 40, when the income can handle it."
More In Teen
- "Adolescence is when girls experience social pressure to put aside their authentic selves and to display only a small portion of their gifts."― Mary Pipher
- "I didn’t want to be the typical teen idol. I didn’t want to be Leif Garrett. I didn’t want to be Shaun Cassidy, David Cassidy or Parker Stevenson. I wanted to do my own thing."― Willie Aames
- "I want to be famous everywhere."― Luciano Pavarotti