More From Toni Morrison
- "I don’t think a female running a house is a problem, a broken family. It’s perceived as one because of the notion that a head is a man."
- "Black people have always been used as a buffer in this country between powers to prevent class war."
- "The ability of writers to imagine what is not the self, to familiarize the strange and mystify the familiar, is the test of their power."
More In Age
- "What’s a man’s age? He must hurry more, that’s all; Cram in a day, what his youth took a year to hold."― Robert Brault
- "I am, as I’ve said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary."― Billy Joel
- "Age merely shows what children we remain."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe