More From Toni Morrison
- "Black literature is taught as sociology, as tolerance, not as a serious, rigorous art form."
- "Black people have always been used as a buffer in this country between powers to prevent class war."
- "Everybody gets everything handed to them. The rich inherit it. I don’t mean just inheritance of money. I mean what people take for granted among the middle and upper classes, which is nepotism, the old-boy network."
More In Age
- "For a man who has compared himself to Theodore Roosevelt and the nation’s challenges to those of the Gilded Age, Obama put forward a tepid agenda."― Ron Fournier
- "I always thought that I might retire from any form of sexuality by the age of 40 and just become a dignified older person."― Jarvis Cocker
- "Morality comes with the sad wisdom of age, when the sense of curiosity has withered."― Graham Greene