More From Tom Waits
- "As a kid, I did want to be an old-timer, since they were the ones with the big stories and the cool clothes. I wanted to go there. Now, I guess I want to bring that with me and go back in time."
- "My reality needs imagination like a bulb needs a socket. My imagination needs reality like a blind man needs a cane."
- "Don’t you know there ain’t no devil, it’s just god when he’s drunk."
More In Attitude
- "I’ve been advised not to have any more children for medical reasons, so that’s it – the shop has closed, even though I would have loved a daughter."― Toni Braxton
- "I have such an extreme attitude about work, where I can just completely be derelict of my responsibilities and then when I am not derelict, I am completely indulged in it. I swing pretty wildly from the two extremes."― Geddy Lee
- "The Senator from Massachusetts has given us ample grounds to doubt the judgment and the attitude he brings to bear on vital issues of national security."― Dick Cheney