More From Tom Waits
- "As a kid, I did want to be an old-timer, since they were the ones with the big stories and the cool clothes. I wanted to go there. Now, I guess I want to bring that with me and go back in time."
- "My reality needs imagination like a bulb needs a socket. My imagination needs reality like a blind man needs a cane."
- "You know what I really love? The CD players in a car. How when you put the CD right up by the slot, it actually takes it out of your hand, like it’s hungry. It pulls it in, and you feel like it wants more silver discs."
More In Attitude
- "Once a food becomes off-limits, then it takes on this whole other personality. ‘Forbidden’ is more tempting. And it becomes something evil, but food is food. It’s there to nourish your body."― Valerie Bertinelli
- "If philosophy is practice, a demand to know the manner in which its history is to be studied is entailed: a theoretical attitude toward it becomes real only in the living appropriation of its contents from the texts."― Karl Jaspers
- "It’s much easier to wear a Chairman Mao button and shake your fists in the air and all that, then to actually read the Communist manifesto and things like that and actually become involved in politics."― Lester Bangs