More From Tom Vilsack
- "Food during my early years was a very difficult issue for me. I grew up in an addictive family. My mother had serious problems with alcohol and prescription drugs. I was an overweight kid. I can remember back in those days there weren’t the strategies that there are today to deal with those issues."
- "The food pyramid is very complicated. It doesn’t give you as much info in a quick glance as the plate does."
- "This is an exciting time for farmers and ranchers of all types and sizes as agriculture is a bright spot in the American economy. In 2011, agricultural exports hit a record high and producers saw their best incomes in nearly 40 years."
More In Cool
- "A woman tells her doctor, ‘I’ve got a bad back.’ The doctor says, ‘It’s old age.’ The woman says, ‘I want a second opinion.’ The doctor says: ‘Okay – you’re ugly as well.’"― Tommy Cooper
- "I really unfortunately don’t have tons of hilarious Sundance stories, because really I am not the biggest fan of hanging out, but the reason why is because I never go see other people’s movies and I think that’s the way to do it."― Lizzy Caplan
- "In my mind, as long as I did what was right for me, I was cool. But that’s not the way it works. You have to think about other people and take their feelings into account."― Joe Nichols