More From Tom Vilsack
- "Food is a fairly significant aspect of my life. I have struggled mightily with food. With my weight. And I’m conscious of it. So I have a sensitivity to people who struggle with their weight."
- "Food during my early years was a very difficult issue for me. I grew up in an addictive family. My mother had serious problems with alcohol and prescription drugs. I was an overweight kid. I can remember back in those days there weren’t the strategies that there are today to deal with those issues."
- "Local and regional food systems are about opportunity."
More In Cool
- "I think I’m drawn to more villain-type characters, because it’s so cool to get to say all the things you want to say. In Hollywood, you get to this position where you have to bite your tongue so much. You take all your experiences of not being able to say what you really want to say, and channel that through your character."― Gabrielle Union
- "My favorite thing is when cartoon fans show up to my live gigs! They are always the most kick-butt audience members ’cause they’re not trying to act all cool like a lot of the music fans do!"― Grey DeLisle
- "A lot of those little things that I really like doing are just moments of cool articulation, just little moments of phrasing that probably go over everybody’s head."― Steve Vai