More From Tom Stoppard
- "A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."
- "I was interested by the idea that artists working in a totalitarian dictatorship or tsarist autocracy are secretly and slightly shamefully envied by artists who work in freedom. They have the gratification of intense interest: the authorities want to put them in jail, while there are younger readers for whom what they write is pure oxygen."
- "You can’t but know that if you can capture the emotions of the audience as well as their minds, the play will work better, because it’s a narrative art form."
More In Car
- "I think there’s a suspicion in the South of people putting on airs. You see it in most successful Southern politicians, but you also see it in someone like Richard Petty, who may be a multimillionaire stock car driver, but he’s also beloved because he has a nice self-deprecatory way about him."― John Shelton Reed
- "In addition to this, they already have a fuel cell car on the road in Japan. It is subsidized from within the corporation because they are still at a high cost."― Maurice Strong
- "Removing the faults in a stage-coach may produce a perfect stage-coach, but it is unlikely to produce the first motor car."― Edward de Bono