More From Tom Hooper
- "I think we all have blocks between us and the best version of ourselves, whether it’s shyness, insecurity, anxiety, whether it’s a physical block, and the story of a person overcoming that block to their best self. It’s truly inspiring because I think all of us are engaged in that every day."
- "I feel connected to the Second World War because my father lost his father in that war. So, through my dad and the effect it had on him of losing his father young, I always felt connected to the war. It goes back years, but it still feels to me as if we’re completely living in it."
- "If you look at Shakespeare’s history plays, what the setting of monarchy allows is this extraordinary intensification of emotions and predicament."
More In Romantic
- "Yeah, romantic comedies are the hardest movies to make. Maybe one works a year."― Dylan McDermott
- "You do your work as a photographer and everything becomes past. Words are more like thoughts; the photographer’s picture is always surrounded by a kind of romantic glamor – no matter what you do, and how you twist it."― Robert Frank
- "Becoming a mother cannot help but change things. An author’s life is reflected in their writing, whether they want it to be or not, and parenthood is one of the biggest life changes there is."― Sarah Zettel