More From Tom Hooper
- "I think we all have blocks between us and the best version of ourselves, whether it’s shyness, insecurity, anxiety, whether it’s a physical block, and the story of a person overcoming that block to their best self. It’s truly inspiring because I think all of us are engaged in that every day."
- "I think English film is very embarrassed by patriotism, generally."
- "American cinema tends to express a patriotic relationship to national identity on a regular basis."
More In Romantic
- "People expect me to be dark and gloomy, then write that I’m a jolly chap, and after all, that is what I am. I think it’s a case of an absolute romantic naivety that there should be a parallel between the work and the artist."― Michael Haneke
- "Most urgently, women’s identity must be premised upon our “beauty” so that we will remain vulnerable to outside approval, carrying the vital sensitive organ of self-esteem exposed to the air."― Naomi Wolf
- "I guess I’m a bit of a romantic."― Felicity Jones