More From Tom Hooper
- "I think English film is very embarrassed by patriotism, generally."
- "If you look at Shakespeare’s history plays, what the setting of monarchy allows is this extraordinary intensification of emotions and predicament."
- "I mean, we’ve all had those dreams where, you know, we try to cry out and our voice won’t come."
More In Romantic
- "A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure."― Charlie Chaplin
- "It seemed romantic but also tragic – people would be winning but then lose it all, or crash but fight on, break bones but get back on their bikes and try to finish. Just getting to the end was seen as an achievement in itself."― David Millar
- "The first book I wrote was The Bride Price which was a romantic book, but my husband burnt the book when he saw it. I was the typical African woman, I’d done this privately, I wanted him to look at it, approve it and he said he wouldn’t read it."― Buchi Emecheta