More From Tom Hanks
- "Truth is, I’ll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candour."
- "As long as you as an individual… can convince yourself that in order to move forward as best you can you have to be optimistic, you can be described as ‘one of the faithful,’ one of those people who can say, ‘Well, look, something’s going to happen! Let’s just keep trying. Let’s not give up."
- "At the end of the day it’s got to be a good movie, it’s got to be a funny movie, and it’s got to make people think, ‘Hey, I couldn’t have spent my time any better.’"
More In Work
- "Real religion is no religion at all."― Lauryn Hill
- "The security comes, as an actor, in knowing that you’re not in control. If you try to control your career, or how people perceive you, you’ll make yourself unhappy, because life doesn’t work like that. So much is luck. It’s much better to let yourself off, to think, ‘There’s nothing I can do.’"― Matthew Macfadyen
- "My wife, whenever I’d go off to work and I’d be kind of anxious, she’ll say, ‘Remember, have fun.’ Oh, I forgot, thanks for the reminder. Because sometimes we do forget. We take it all too seriously and there’s a lot of joy to be had wherever you are."― Jeff Bridges