More From Todd Solondz
- "Optimism is not inherently a superior way of viewing the world. Certainly doctors will say it might be better for one’s physical health to be an optimist. But, morally speaking it may not be appropriate in certain circumstances."
- "So far, at least, I haven’t found a way to tell my kind of stories without making them both sad and funny."
- "The ability to take pleasure in one’s life is a skill and is a kind of intelligence. So intelligence is a hard thing to evaluate and it manifests itself in so many different ways. I do think the ability to know how to live a life and not be miserable is a sign of that."
More In Wisdom
- "Irony is the gaiety of reflection and the joy of wisdom."― Anatole France
- "Sometimes I feel like I’m not only the engine but the caboose. I have to be in the front car and pull forward, and at the same time run around behind and push everybody along with me."― Sandra Lee
- "Of all our possessions, wisdom alone is imortal."― Isocrates