More From Todd Solondz
- "So far, at least, I haven’t found a way to tell my kind of stories without making them both sad and funny."
- "Optimism is not inherently a superior way of viewing the world. Certainly doctors will say it might be better for one’s physical health to be an optimist. But, morally speaking it may not be appropriate in certain circumstances."
- "The ability to take pleasure in one’s life is a skill and is a kind of intelligence. So intelligence is a hard thing to evaluate and it manifests itself in so many different ways. I do think the ability to know how to live a life and not be miserable is a sign of that."
More In Wisdom
- "If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."― Nelson Mandela
- "It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see."― Henry David Thoreau
- "True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance."― Akhenaton