More From Timothy Garton Ash
- "Canadians tend to be a bit more religious than most Europeans – though not more than the Poles or Ukrainians. Most important, their attitude to immigration and ethnic minorities is more positive than that of most Europeans."
- "Developments in information technology and globalised media mean that the most powerful military in the history of the world can lose a war, not on the battlefield of dust and blood, but on the battlefield of world opinion."
More In Nature
- "The sky is the part of creation in which nature has done for the sake of pleasing man."― John Ruskin
- "I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself."― Edward Steichen
- "The duty of man is the same in respect to his own nature as in respect to the nature of all other things, namely not to follow it but to amend it."― John Stuart Mill