More From Thornton Wilder
- "Providence has nothing good or high in store for one who does not resolutely aim at something high or good. A purpose is the eternal condition of success."
- "Hope, like faith, is nothing if it is not courageous; it is nothing if it is not ridiculous."
- "Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday."
More In Medical
- "This is what I asked for, and in this day and age that’s what actually goes on. But what hurts me the most is that I work just as hard as any other actress around my age, like Scarlett Johansson, but I just don’t get the opportunities that they get because people are so distracted by the mess that I created in my life."― Lindsay Lohan
- "Although awareness of cancer’s prevalence in the United States improves and medical advances in the field abound, pancreatic cancer has largely been absent from the list of major success stories."― Chris Van Hollen
- "I don’t think there are any footsteps to be walked in. No one else has taken things that you can buy at the grocery store and put them together. I hope that I have a career as long as Julia Child."― Sandra Lee