More From Thomas W. Higginson
- "There is no defense against adverse fortune which is so effectual as an habitual sense of humor."
- "When a thought takes one’s breath away, a grammar lesson seems an impertinence."
- "Nothing is so galling to a people not broken in from the birth as a paternal, or in other words a meddling government, a government which tells them what to read and say and eat and drink and wear."
More In Government
- "All’s the government should do is keep the taxes and regulations at a manageable rate, keep a decent standing army and get out of the way."― Adam Carolla
- "Disarmament or limitation of armaments, which depends on the progress made on security, also contributes to the maintenance of peace."― Ludwig Quidde
- "I am absolutely opposed to a national ID card. This is a total contradiction of what a free society is all about. The purpose of government is to protect the secrecy and the privacy of all individuals, not the secrecy of government. We don’t need a national ID card."― Ron Paul