More From Thomas Traherne
- "Happiness was not made to be boasted, but enjoyed. Therefore tho others count me miserable, I will not believe them if I know and feel myself to be happy; nor fear them."
- "Your enjoyment of the world is never right, till every morning you awake in Heaven: see yourself in your Father’s palace; and look upon the skies, the earth, and the air as celestial joys: having such a reverend esteem of all, as if you were among the angels."
- "More company increases happiness, but does not lighten or diminish misery."
More In Wisdom
- "I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done."― Lucille Ball
- "Many people have their reputations as reporters and analysts because they are on television, batting around conventional wisdom. A lot of these people have never reported a story."― Bob Woodward
- "Any successful nominee should possess both the temperament to interpret the law and the wisdom to do so fairly. The next Supreme Court Justice should have a record of protecting individual rights and a strong willingness to put aside any political agenda."― Bennie Thompson