More From Thomas Szasz
- "Individual psychotherapy – that is, engaging a distressed fellow human in a disciplined conversation and human relationship – requires that the therapist have the proper temperament and philosophy of life for such work. By that I mean that the therapist must be patient, modest, and a perceptive listener, rather than a talker and advice-giver."
- "Happiness is an imaginary condition, formerly attributed by the living to the dead, now usually attributed by adults to children, and by children to adults."
- "He who does not accept and respect those who want to reject life does not truly accept and respect life itself."
More In Hope
- "We all hope for breakthrough rebirth moments."― Dane Cook
- "Reform of the medical liability system should be considered as part of a comprehensive response to surging medical malpractice premiums that endanger Americans’ access to quality medical care."― Lincoln Chafee
- "I mean, I did a film, a musical of ‘Scrooge’, in ’70, and the tricks were done by flat clothes and mirrors. I hope that the day will come when we don’t have to turn up at all."― Albert Finney