More From Thomas Paine
- "I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy."
- "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- "Every religion is good that teaches man to be good; and I know of none that instructs him to be bad."
More In Marriage
- "I traveled the state of Florida for two years campaigning. I have never met a job creator who told me that they were waiting for the next tax increase before they started growing their business. I’ve never met a single job creator who’s ever said to me I can’t wait until government raises taxes again so I can go out and create a job."― Marco Rubio
- "Marriage is a core institution of societies throughout the world and throughout history. It’s something that has provided permanence and stability for our very social structure."― David Vitter
- "I don’t see any reason for marriage when there is divorce."― Catherine Deneuve