More From Thomas Paine
- "Every religion is good that teaches man to be good; and I know of none that instructs him to be bad."
- "All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
- "War involves in its progress such a train of unforeseen circumstances that no human wisdom can calculate the end; it has but one thing certain, and that is to increase taxes."
More In Beauty
- "A lot of the work in United States is highly critical of technology. I’m using 15,000 watts of power and 18 different pieces of electronic equipment to say that."― Laurie Anderson
- "I was always reading those beauty magazines and wanting to become this unattainable thing."― Jennifer Aniston
- "I wasn’t afraid of getting old, because I was never a great beauty."― Shirley MacLaine