More From Thomas Mann
- "For the sake of goodness and love, man shall let death have no sovereignty over his thoughts."
- "For to be poised against fatality, to meet adverse conditions gracefully, is more than simple endurance; it is an act of aggression, a positive triumph."
- "Respectable means rich, and decent means poor. I should die if I heard my family called decent."
More In Respect
- "One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny."― Bertrand Russell
- "What the Beatles did was something incredible, it was more than what a band could do. We have to give them respect."― Yoko Ono
- "Grief changes shape, but it never ends."― Keanu Reeves