More From Thomas Malthus
- "Population, when unchecked, goes on doubling itself every 25 years or increases in a geometrical ratio."
- "I do not know that any writer has supposed that on this earth man will ultimately be able to live without food."
- "In a state therefore of great equality and virtue, where pure and simple manners prevailed, the increase of the human species would evidently be much greater than any increase that has been hitherto known."
More In Wisdom
- "All human wisdom works and has worries and grief as reward."― Johann Georg Hamann
- "There’s the conventional wisdom, of which I have none, where you get a record deal, you get a publicist, you get a campaign, and you do the tour, but none of that adds up to things like nuance and subtlety and dynamic."― Chris Robinson
- "Our trials, our sorrows, and our grieves develop us."― Orison Swett Marden