More From Thomas Malthus
- "Population, when unchecked, goes on doubling itself every 25 years or increases in a geometrical ratio."
- "In a state therefore of great equality and virtue, where pure and simple manners prevailed, the increase of the human species would evidently be much greater than any increase that has been hitherto known."
- "I do not know that any writer has supposed that on this earth man will ultimately be able to live without food."
More In Wisdom
- "I’m someone who’s done the opposite of whatever the received wisdom is, to keep your career going into your 50s."― Elizabeth McGovern
- "If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."― Michael Jordan
- "In order to have wisdom we must have ignorance."― Theodore Dreiser