More From Thomas Jefferson
- "In truth, politeness is artificial good humor, it covers the natural want of it, and ends by rendering habitual a substitute nearly equivalent to the real virtue."
- "That government is the strongest of which every man feels himself a part."
- "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground."
More In Change
- "I have always been aware that you have to get people listening before you can change their minds. Any artist’s big fear is being ignored, so if you get debate, that’s great."― Damien Hirst
- "On some campuses, change is effected through nonviolent or even violent means."― Hillary Clinton
- "The most meaningful engine of change, powerful enough to confront corporate power, may be not so much environmental quality, as the economic development and growth associated with the effort to improve it."― Barry Commoner