More From Thomas Huxley
- "No slavery can be abolished without a double emancipation, and the master will benefit by freedom more than the freed-man."
- "Time, whose tooth gnaws away everything else, is powerless against truth."
- "The results of political changes are hardly ever those which their friends hope or their foes fear."
More In Religion
- "Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. This is also true of religion, although you will not find me saying so in print."― Dave Barry
- "It is an interesting and demonstrable fact, that all children are atheists and were religion not inculcated into their minds, they would remain so."― Ernestine Rose
- "Divorce is so common and accepted in America that beating myself up over it may sound ridiculous. But I was raised to believe that divorce wasn’t an option; to me, divorce equaled failure. I wasn’t able to change that equation until I found myself in the right relationship."― Trisha Yearwood