More From Thomas Hobbes
- "Such is the nature of men, that howsoever they may acknowledge many others to be more witty, or more eloquent, or more learned; yet they will hardly believe there be many so wise as themselves."
- "Science is the knowledge of consequences, and dependence of one fact upon another."
- "The condition of man… is a condition of war of everyone against everyone."
More In Faith
- "Over the years my mother’s steadfast faith in God has inspired me, particularly when I had to perform extremely difficult surgical procedures or when I found myself faced with my own medical scare."― Benjamin Carson
- "Christ does not save us by acting a parable of divine love; he acts the parable of divine love by saving us. That is the Christian faith."― Austin Farrer
- "The belief that there are other life forms in the universe is a matter of faith. There is not a single shred of evidence for any other life forms, and in forty years of searching, none has been discovered. There is absolutely no evidentiary reason to maintain this belief."― Michael Crichton