More From Thomas Hobbes
- "Such is the nature of men, that howsoever they may acknowledge many others to be more witty, or more eloquent, or more learned; yet they will hardly believe there be many so wise as themselves."
- "The right of nature… is the liberty each man hath to use his own power, as he will himself, for the preservation of his own nature; that is to say, of his own life."
- "I put for the general inclination of all mankind, a perpetual and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death."
More In Faith
- "Mr. Chairman, delegates. I accept your nomination for President of the United States of America. I do so with humility, deeply moved by the trust you have placed in me. It is a great honor. It is an even greater responsibility."― Mitt Romney
- "Denzel’s quality, I think, is his faith. You have all the action in your head and you have to believe in it and just do it. That’s what he does and that’s what he taught me to do."― Derek Luke
- "There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."― Dwight D. Eisenhower