More From Thomas Hobbes
- "In the state of nature profit is the measure of right."
- "Fear of things invisible in the natural seed of that which everyone in himself calleth religion."
- "The disembodied spirit is immortal; there is nothing of it that can grow old or die. But the embodied spirit sees death on the horizon as soon as its day dawns."
More In Faith
- "The principle part of faith is patience."― George MacDonald
- "I believe that we must reach our brother, never toning down our fundamental oppositions, but meeting him when he asks to be met, with a reason for the faith that is in us, as well as with a loving sympathy for them as brothers."― Dorothy Day
- "Don’t be confused that my interest in religion, faith, and spirituality is driven by any sense of faith or spirituality of my own."― Peter Jennings