More From Theodore Roosevelt
- "It behooves every man to remember that the work of the critic is of altogether secondary importance, and that, in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does things."
- "Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people."
- "A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education."
More In Society
- "That’s why for Zakk Wylde’s Black Label Society the colors are black and white. There are no gray issues. Life is black and it’s white. There’s no in-between."― Zakk Wylde
- "But the truth of the matter is, we’re an open society, we want to remain an open society, and there will continue to be vulnerability. That’s why we have to meet the threats when they are not yet taking place on our territory and on our soil."― Condoleezza Rice
- "You know, I think we Indians are afraid to show and celebrate our happiness, lest things change around. But I feel that it’s okay to be sad and okay to show when you are happy."― Shahrukh Khan