More From Theodore Roosevelt
- "Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind."
- "A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad."
- "Some men can live up to their loftiest ideals without ever going higher than a basement."
More In Society
- "Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn’t been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that’s really worthwhile."― Jim Carrey
- "He who stands aloof runs the risk of believing himself better than others and misusing his critique of society as an ideology for his private interest."― Theodor Adorno
- "Propaganda in the ordinary sense of the term plays a less important part in a consumer society, where people greet all official pronouncements with suspicion."― Christopher Lasch