More From Theodore Roosevelt
- "Freedom from effort in the present merely means that there has been effort stored up in the past."
- "In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
- "People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives."
More In Courage
- "What I love about the East End is that there’s a great perseverance, determination and courage. What I dislike about it is that there is sometimes a celebration of ignorance."― Eddie Marsan
- "I am constantly amazed by Tina Fey. And I am Tina Fey."― Tina Fey
- "Leaders come in many forms, with many styles and diverse qualities. There are quiet leaders and leaders one can hear in the next county. Some find strength in eloquence, some in judgment, some in courage."― John W. Gardner