More From Theodore Roosevelt
- "It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things."
- "People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives."
- "The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people."
More In Work
- "When you’re around me and really see that all I do is live and breathe for my work, it’s not strange, it’s just Gaga."― Lady Gaga
- "Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are affected more by the idea of fame than the actual work ethic involved. A lot of them just want to be reality TV-type people who don’t do anything."― Katy Perry
- "I had to ride a horse once. In ‘King Arthur.’ I said I could ride, but I had to call for lessons on the day the deal was signed. I started out on this little chunky thing and slowly moved up. It was months of work."― Clive Owen