More From Theodore Roosevelt
- "No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life, in a great cause."
- "The boy who is going to make a great man must not make up his mind merely to overcome a thousand obstacles, but to win in spite of a thousand repulses and defeats."
- "I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the average man."
More In Work
- "There is a vast world of work out there in this country, where at least 111 million people are employed in this country alone – many of whom are bored out of their minds. All day long."― Richard Nelson Bolles
- "The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."― Elbert Hubbard
- "Management must manage!"― Harold S. Geneen