More From Theodore Roosevelt
- "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."
- "The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life."
- "The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it."
More In Freedom
- "The momentum of freedom in our world is unmistakable – and it is not carried forward by our power alone. We can trust in that greater power Who guides the unfolding of the years. And in all that is to come, we can know that His purposes are just and true."― George W. Bush
- "The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride and history."― Mike Fitzpatrick
- "I felt extremely uncomfortable as the focal point, in the spotlight. I really like the behind the scenes role, because all my freedom is there."― Brian Eno