More From Theodore Roosevelt
- "It is difficult to make our material condition better by the best law, but it is easy enough to ruin it by bad laws."
- "Some men can live up to their loftiest ideals without ever going higher than a basement."
- "Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people."
More In Education
- "The main part of intellectual education is not the acquisition of facts but learning how to make facts live."― Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Education makes us more stupid than the brutes. A thousand voices call to us on every hand, but our ears are stopped with wisdom."― Jean Giraudoux
- "Teachers say their schools of education did not adequately prepare them for the classroom. They would have welcomed more mentoring and feedback in their early years."― Arne Duncan