More From Ted Allen
- "However, I was a restaurant critic at Chicago magazine before I worked at Esquire, and I’ve been a really enthusiastic home cook for a long time. It’s just something I’m passionate about."
- "I’m a home cook and love to read about food, but I’m not trained as a chef. I’m just really into cooking and passionate about it."
- "I’ve always hoped ‘Chopped’ would telegraph our enormous affection and love and admiration for chefs and food, but at the same time, we are inflicting extraordinary cruelty on them."
More In Family
- "That’s a central part of philosophy, of ethics. What do I owe to strangers? What do I owe to my family? What is it to live a good life? Those are questions which we face as individuals."― Peter Singer
- "If I’m not writing well, I’m not happy. If I’m not spending enough time with my family, I’m not happy. If I’m not connecting to friends or if I don’t work out enough… You get the point. Everything has to be balanced. Nothing should be an extreme."― Harlan Coben
- "I don’t think the Middle East could afford another war."― King Abdullah II