More From Talcott Parsons
- "Among those who are satisfactory in this respect it is desirable to have represented as great a diversity of intellectual tradition, social milieu and personal character as possible."
- "From all this it follows what the general character of the problem of the development of a body of scientific knowledge is, in so far as it depends on elements internal to science itself."
More In Society
- "I started out in engineering. I was a geophysical engineer. Throughout the course of my life I’ve done a lot of strange jobs, and the effect has been to make me think a little more skeptically about our capitalist society."― George Saunders
- "Society bristles with enigmas which look hard to solve. It is a perfect maze of intrigue."― Honore de Balzac
- "A home is still the biggest asset that most Americans own."― Mark Zandi