More From Tacitus
- "To plunder, to slaughter, to steal, these things they misname empire; and where they make a wilderness, they call it peace."
- "Fear is not in the habit of speaking truth; when perfect sincerity is expected, perfect freedom must be allowed; nor has anyone who is apt to be angry when he hears the truth any cause to wonder that he does not hear it."
- "A desire to resist oppression is implanted in the nature of man."
More In History
- "If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity."― John F. Kennedy
- "All the gossip and craziness becomes a kind of sustained narrative which, in turn, can become history. It’s scary."― Barbara Kruger
- "This is a moment in history where it is almost hard to catch your breath."― Hillary Clinton