More From T. S. Eliot
- "I said to my soul, be still, and wait without hope, For hope would be hope for the wrong thing."
- "Our high respect for a well read person is praise enough for literature."
- "The business of the poet is not to find new emotions, but to use the ordinary ones and, in working them up into poetry, to express feelings which are not in actual emotions at all."
More In Faith
- "Inflexible in faith, invincible in arms."― James Beattie
- "It’s also reflective of a young person’s religion or faith in that it’s highly charged with sacramental imagery and with country imagery, because I was in the seminary for so many years in the country."― Daniel Berrigan
- "I urge the Iraqi leadership for sake of its own people… to seize this opportunity and thereby begin to end the isolation and suffering of the Iraqi people."― Kofi Annan