More From T. S. Eliot
- "Art never improves, but… the material of art is never quite the same."
- "Knowledge is invariably a matter of degree: you cannot put your finger upon even the simplest datum and say this we know."
- "I don’t believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates."
More In Faith
- "It was seldom that I attended any religious meetings, as my parents had not much faith in and were never so unfortunate as to unite themselves with any of the religious sects."― Orson Pratt
- "Non-violence requires a double faith, faith in God and also faith in man."― Mahatma Gandhi
- "While we remain a nation decisively shaped by religious faith, our politics and our culture are, in the main, less influenced by movements and arguments of an explicitly Christian character than they were even five years ago. I think this is a good thing – good for our political culture."― Jon Meacham