More From Sydney J. Harris
- "The three hardest tasks in the world are neither physical feats nor intellectual achievements, but moral acts: to return love for hate, to include the excluded, and to say, “I was wrong”."
- "Almost no one is foolish enough to imagine that he automatically deserves great success in any field of activity; yet almost everyone believes that he automatically deserves success in marriage."
- "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
More In Education
- "My parents discussed singing every night over the dinner table; I had a tremendous music education."― Renee Fleming
- "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy."― Woody Allen
- "In Mexico, theater is very underground, so if you’re a theater actor it’s very difficult to make a living. But it’s also a very beautiful pathway to knowledge and to an open education."― Gael Garcia Bernal