More From Sydney J. Harris
- "Happiness is a direction, not a place."
- "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
- "The two words ‘information’ and ‘communication’ are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through."
More In Great
- "The boy who is going to make a great man must not make up his mind merely to overcome a thousand obstacles, but to win in spite of a thousand repulses and defeats."― Theodore Roosevelt
- "Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them."― Orison Swett Marden
- "Do you wish to be great? Then begin by being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation."― Saint Augustine