More From Sydney J. Harris
- "When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’"
- "It’s surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you’re not comfortable within yourself, you can’t be comfortable with others."
- "The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it."
More In Great
- "Laws are silent in time of war."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read."― Gilbert K. Chesterton
- "Acting is something I love. It’s a great craft that I have a lot of respect for. But I don’t think it’s any greater challenge than teaching 8-year-olds or any other career. In my life, I try not to make it more important than it is and I just hope that rubs off on the people around me."― Hugh Jackman