More From Sydney J. Harris
- "The two words ‘information’ and ‘communication’ are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through."
- "The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows."
- "The three hardest tasks in the world are neither physical feats nor intellectual achievements, but moral acts: to return love for hate, to include the excluded, and to say, “I was wrong”."
More In Great
- "If my mom reads that I’m grammatically incorrect I’ll have hell to pay."― Larisa Oleynik
- "In fact a lot of them I think are absolute baloney. Those Charles Olsens and people like that. At first I was interested in seeing what they were up to, what they were doing, why they were doing it. They never moved me in the way that one is moved by true poetry."― Norman MacCaig
- "A great social success is a pretty girl who plays her cards as carefully as if she were plain."― F. Scott Fitzgerald