More From Suze Orman
- "Take free money. No matter how in debt you are, if your employer offers a matching contribution on a 401(k) or other retirement vehicle, you must sign up and contribute enough to get the maximum company match each year. Think of it as a bonus."
- "The less money you owe, the less income you’ll need and the less you’ll have to save for tomorrow."
- "They got married, they got divorced, and half their money goes out the window."
More In Money
- "I think everything depends on money."― Alan Bean
- "He who receives money in trust to administer for the benefit of its owner, and uses it either for his own interest or against the wishes of its rightful owner, is a thief."― Jose Marti
- "If you are worried about job security and do not have an adequate emergency fund (ideally eight months’ worth of living expenses stashed away in a federally insured bank or credit union), you need to focus more on saving money than paying down the balance on your credit cards."― Suze Orman