More From Susan Sarandon
- "When you start to develop your powers of empathy and imagination, the whole world opens up to you."
- "I think I’m an actor because I have very strong imagination and empathy. I never studied acting, but those two qualities are exactly the qualities that make for an activist."
- "Everyone has a responsibility towards this larger family of man, but especially if you’re privileged, that increases your responsibility."
More In Hope
- "What We want is to make it possible for our unfortunate people to live a life of industry for it is by steady work alone that we hope for our physical and moral rehabilitation. For this reason above all we have undertaken to rally our people around our ideal."― Theodor Herzl
- "It is only hope which is real, and reality is a bitterness and a deceit."― William Makepeace Thackeray
- "Former President Bill Clinton, who is widely regarded as a political mastermind, may have sounded like a traditional liberal at the beginning of his term in office. But what ultimately defined his presidency was his amazing pliability on matters of principle."― Thomas Frank