More From Susan Rice
- "Well, I think by any expectation South Africa has come a tremendously long way. We’ve seen a society that many people thought couldn’t withstand a peaceful transition to democracy without a great deal of violence, in fact, make that transition and do it in relative peace and security."
- "I think most Americans understand that we went through a period in which American leadership was judged quite critically internationally."
More In Intelligence
- "As a nation we have, over the past seven years, been rebuilding our intelligence with powerful capabilities that many thought we would no longer need after the Cold War. We have been rebuilding our clandestine service, our satellite and other technical collection, our analytical depth and expertise."― George Tenet
- "In the clashes between ignorance and intelligence, ignorance is generally the aggressor."― Paul Harris
- "Nature shows that with the growth of intelligence comes increased capacity for pain, and it is only with the highest degree of intelligence that suffering reaches its supreme point."― Arthur Schopenhauer