More From Susan B. Anthony
- "I do not consider divorce an evil by any means. It is just as much a refuge for women married to brutal men as Canada was to the slaves of brutal masters."
- "The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball – the further I am rolled the more I gain."
- "I don’t want to die as long as I can work; the minute I can not, I want to go."
More In Good
- "What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea."― Mahatma Gandhi
- "I think a gentleman is someone who holds the comfort of other people above their own. The instinct to do that is inside every good man, I believe. The rules about opening doors and buying dinner and all of that other ‘gentleman’ stuff is a chess game, especially these days."― Anna Kendrick
- "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."― C. S. Lewis