More From Stokely Carmichael
- "An organization which claims to be working for the needs of a community – as SNCC does – must work to provide that community with a position of strength from which to make its voice heard. This is the significance of black power beyond the slogan."
- "We had no more courage than Harriet Tubman or Marcus Garvey had in their times. We just had a more vulnerable enemy."
- "I knew that I could vote and that that wasn’t a privilege; it was my right. Every time I tried I was shot, killed or jailed, beaten or economically deprived."
More In Society
- "Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself."― Milton Friedman
- "If you let society and your peers define who you are, you’re the less for it."― Hugh Hefner
- "Those people who develop the ability to continuously acquire new and better forms of knowledge that they can apply to their work and to their lives will be the movers and shakers in our society for the indefinite future."― Brian Tracy