More From Steven Patrick Morrissey
- "My family, although they’re very large on both my parents’ sides, they don’t know much about their family tree. Occasionally, they try to dig, but they can’t get very far, and it’s baffling. In Dublin, it seems that so many public records were wiped out; it’s proven to be very difficult, so I know very little."
- "I find that it isn’t wise to attempt to judge people on their public persona, and even on the music they make. Because I’ve met so many people whose music I cannot stand, and they’re very nice. At the same time, I’ve met people whose music I’ve loved, and they’re not the person you’ve invested all this emotion in."
- "Long hair is an unpardonable offence which should be punishable by death."
More In Music
- "I became alienated from this religious upbringing, and started making music. I wanted to be a big star. All those things I saw in the films and on the media took hold of me, and perhaps I thought this was my god: the goal of making money."― Cat Stevens
- "Here’s the thing with me and the religious thing. This is the flat-out truth: I find the religiosity and philosophy in the music. I don’t find it anywhere else."― Bob Dylan
- "I just think it’s a blessing that I was able to have the gift of words and to be able to put them into music. I was given a great gift all the way around. I didn’t ever have to really go out and look for songs, you know."― Teena Marie