More From Steven Patrick Morrissey
- "Once somebody is known, it seems as though anybody anywhere can say anything about them. Whereas if I simply stopped someone in the street and criticised their clothes, their work, their parents, their inner being, I’d be sued and I’d be thrown in prison."
- "I think the pop chart today is entirely market-driven. And it has nothing to do with public taste. And it has nothing to do with moving music forward. It’s simply a market chart."
- "I hated the royal wedding."
More In Music
- "While I gave up God a long time ago, I never shook the habit of wanting to believe in something. So I replaced my creed of everlasting life with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."― Sarah Vowell
- "I was a kid who got picked on in school, and now the guys beating up those kids were wearing red caps and using my music to fuel that aggression. But if they listen to the lyrics, the aggression is targeted at them."― Fred Durst
- "Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own."― Mother Teresa