More From Steve Martin
- "I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks."
- "I believe entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you’re an idiot."
- "Movies always are open to being remade because times change so much, and the tempo of movies changes. I think of it like a James Bond. They can have different actors play the same role… I’ve had people come up to me and say, ‘We want to remake ‘The Jerk’ with so and so.’ And I say, ‘Fine.’ It just doesn’t bother me. It’s an honor actually."
More In Architecture
- "All the revision in the world will not save a bad first draft: for the architecture of the thing comes, or fails to come, in the first conception, and revision only affects the detail and ornament, alas!"― T. E. Lawrence
- "We require from buildings two kinds of goodness: first, the doing their practical duty well: then that they be graceful and pleasing in doing it."― John Ruskin
- "I strive for an architecture from which nothing can be taken away."― Helmut Jahn