More From Stephen Jay Gould
- "I don’t think academic writing ever was wonderful. However, science used to be much less specialized."
- "Few tragedies can be more extensive than the stunting of life, few injustices deeper than the denial of an opportunity to strive or even to hope, by a limit imposed from without, but falsely identified as lying within."
- "Science is not a heartless pursuit of objective information. It is a creative human activity, its geniuses acting more as artists than as information processors."
More In Science
- "It takes one person to forgive, it takes two people to be reunited."― Lewis B. Smedes
- "Philosophers have not kept up with modern developments in science. Particularly physics."― Stephen Hawking
- "The Science Coalition, which grew out of an initial concept at Harvard and at MIT, has now grown to an informal group of about 60 research universities."― Charles Vest