More From Stephen Jay Gould
- "Science is not a heartless pursuit of objective information. It is a creative human activity, its geniuses acting more as artists than as information processors."
- "I don’t think academic writing ever was wonderful. However, science used to be much less specialized."
- "Death is the ultimate enemy – and I find nothing reproachable in those who rage mightily against the dying of the light."
More In Science
- "What business has science and capitalism got, bringing all these new inventions into the works, before society has produced a generation educated up to using them!"― Henrik Ibsen
- "I’ve always been a big fan of science fiction and of the worlds of the spiritual and the mystic."― Dan Aykroyd
- "I think it’s science and physics are just starting to learn from all these experiments. These experiments have been carried out hundreds and hundreds of times in all sorts of ways that no physicist really questions the end point. I think that these experiments are very clearly telling us that consciousness is limitless and the ultimate reality."― Robert Lanza